Pages

my love for 20's style deepens...


With school coming to a close, reading The Great Gatsby is not a realistic (aka sane) option for our English class. Instead, we are getting our taste of F. Scott Fitzgerald's classic novel via a 1974 film adaption! Not quite the same, but it works. I can always read it on my own time this SUMMER, which is ever so NEAR of which I will have HOURS at end to read.

This is an especially good accommodation, as I am in love with the 20's. (It's where I get the whole short hair/short bangs thing, btw Mom...) It's so glamorous and I love the fact that short hair and "rising hemlines" were so risque at the time.

The glamour... I need flapper-esque dresses and sequined headbands pronto. I have one hat that does the trick, and a black velvet vintage shrug, but I need MORE.

Summer=time=antiquing=more hats=more glamour=happy Kaylie


But first, school. Ugh.

No comments: