Pages

Taking Woodstock


If it wasn't official before, it is now: I am deeply in love with Demetri Martin.

Please de-age and be my boyfriend?

Well, it was worth suggesting...


ABOUT THE MOVIE:

I will admit I was a bit hesitant about Demetri (my beloved Demetri) in a lead role. I was nervous I might lose respect for him if his big screen debut was a bust.

It wasn't. I was impressed. And no, I am not just blinded by love, I swear! My friend Dahlya agreed, and her opinion counts, trust me.

Back to the movie: I've seen a few hours of the authentic Woodstock documentary, and Ang Lee did the real thing justice, without being generic and stereotypical.

It seemed natural to me--though truthfully I've always been overly accepting of movies.

There was humor. It wasn't showy, but it was there, and I laughed.

There was depth--something I actually did not expect for some odd reason. Again, Demetri earned more space in my heart.

There were also a lot of nude hippies. This was not at all surprising to me, having witnessed it in the documentary, but if you have a problem with unabashed nudity, you might want to sit this one out!

I love you, Demetri:
De-age.
Construct a time machine.
Bring us to 1969.
Take me to Woodstock in your volkswagon (obviously).
Play your guitar and sing me jokes.
Forever.
The end.

1 comment:

Sarah Alaoui said...

on that de-aging note,
I'd like to extend the same invitation to the father of Little House on the Prairie, Michael Landon, and the father on Sound of Music, Christopher Plummer...and on that note, Matt Dillon and George Clooney.

kthanks.