Pages

a new year


New Years is such a nice holiday--what could possibly be more encouraging than a bright new year?  I am constantly trying to be a better person and ultimately the person I want to be, and New Years brings this pursuit into full focus.

"Life isn't about finding yourself; life is about creating yourself." -George Bernard Shaw

This is a quote to literally live by.  Too many people I think, waste time trying to figure out who they are, instead of simply striving to be who they want to be.

I want to be the kind of person who is self-sufficent.  I will boycott buying clothes this year and sew up my own.

I want to be the kind of person that is charitable, all year around.  I will grow my hair out long to donate to Locks of Love and continue to try to contribute more to my community. 

I want to be the kind of person who takes each moment as it happens, and lets it go as it passes. I will try not to dwell in the past, however sweet it was--it only takes up space that should be full of the present.

And as always, I hope to simplify, simplify, simplify.

How 'bout you?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've yet to make all my resolutions, but yours sound so wonderful and encouraging!

Have a very happy new year on this chilly Arizona day :D

Kait said...

I concur-simplify.

I only strive to be healthy and happy and not be so hard on myself. I don't make detailed resolutions. Maybe I'm not pushing myself to be productive enough. I'm okay with that.

Happy 2010!

moonshinejunkyard said...

hey, i like the boycott. i want to do that too, at least not buy anything new. it's way too hard to not buy thrift store clothes, plus i have to get them for my etsy (always a good excuse!) But I want to be way less of a consumer and more of a creator! Thanks for being inspiring.