Pages

so

This week is a little crazy, man.  Way too many free response questions and multiple choice exams and 40 minute essays for my taste.  Yet this nasty specimen of a week will, in fact, make the weekend after it so, so good.  ESPECIALLY if Friday is your 17th brithday.  And so I am persevering.  And I think it's a good thing to be aware of the craziness of life, because then you can step back and look at it and say, Well, that's a little crazy, and commence to enjoy all of its quirks.

Because I know for a fact that in a year I will be thinking one winter day as I walk past the smelly mullberry tree outside the yearbook room, "Oh my goodness, I miss that day in AP Bio when we classified the plants around campus and Erin and I found out the smelly tree outside the yearbook room is a Mulberry tree."  And for this the free response questions will all be worth it, just for that moment of happy nostalgia (and for all the Simon & Garfunkel and Coldplay we got to listen to during labs).  Because when you have a safe distance from the past, doesn't it look so attractive?  So why not have that mindset right now?  Sometimes it's hard; I know this.  But it's definitely worth the effort.

OR MAYBE I am a little crazy.  Maybe that's it.  But oh well.

3 comments:

Zoë said...

Someone once told me that the tree stinks because it smells like death to keep away animals. But I always thought it smelled like popcorn....

Keri said...

How is it that you are way more mature in your thoughts than I will ever be??? Well, sometimes. Not always.

Anonymous said...

Oooh Happy early Birthday.

Haha we have a smelly mulberry tree in our backyard, but I love it anyway. It provides just the right amount of shade for reading under on breezy spring days.