Pages

eat here: salt & straw in portland, or

Last night we went to Salt & Straw to have some of the best ice cream Portland has to offer.  I have been waiting to try this place since last year, and thankfully a brand new one opened in my favorite Portland neighborhood (NW 23rd).  Since I'm not sure when we'll have another warm weekend like this (low 90s!), it was vital we get ice cream before it goes back to cold and rainy.

Flavors I tried:  Pear with Blue Cheese, Strawberry Honey Balsamic w/ Black Pepper, Feast's Oregon Bounty, and Chocolate with Gooey Brownie.

My favorite by far:  Pear with Blue Cheese.  Creamy, subtle, yet sweet & savory, and just interesting. 

I can't wait to try more flavors, especially if they do seasonal flavors like PUMPKIN.  Please have that be a thing.  


2 comments:

Bookish.Spazz said...

Mmmm I am a lover of all things quirky, so that ice cream sounds delicious!

OMG. PUMPKIN ICE CREAM WOULD BE THE BEST THING EVER.

Jennifer M. said...

Yum! I've never been here but it looks super yummy!