Pages

four goals for 2014






































It's 2014!  Erin and I rang in the new year right with lots of good conversation and a Gossip Girl marathon.  I'm a lucky girl to have such a lovely best friend like her.  This morning we had a tea party brunch with her sister.  This year will be the YEAR OF TEA, I can feel it.  England, here I come.  

New beginnings keep me refreshed, so I'm all about the concept of making resolutions for the new year.  Every year it seems like I take a different approach, which I suppose makes sense, because every year I'm looking to change something different.  I guess that's a good thing.

The four simple goals I made for 2013 were more like life-long goals.  (Be happy, healthy, brave, confident.)  Because to be honest, most of these things I will probably be struggling with my entire life.  They take effort and time and a whole lot of patience and forgiveness.  Each year I hope to improve on these four goals in some way.

I will be the first to admit that 2013 was one of my harder years.  Okay, let's get real here--it was definitely my hardest.  I hope my 20's are a little easier on me than they have been so far.  I've always known that life gets harder, but also more rewarding.  Now I know this personally, because despite the obstacles, I have learned more about myself, my relationships, and my dreams for the future--much more than if everything had been peachy keen.  Becoming an adult is hard, guys.  Major kudos to my mom who somehow managed to raise me while she was still this young.  I know I certainly couldn't do it!  Nope, not even close.

So this year, I am going to keep those four former goals in mind and set four achievable goals for 2014.  Goals I can look back on and say, "YES, I did that." or "Hah, NO, I did not do that."

1)  Remember to take my vitamins.

2)  Read one non-school related book a month.

3)  Create a crafty travel journal to document my European adventures.

4)  Have FUN.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Aw this is so sweet. I'm reading it and already missing you! Also, that house in the photo is so beautiful. Why don't we live there?